What is a 3rd Strip Used For?
Considering there is already a home and away collection for the club, it could be confusing as to why a 3rd and even a 4th is produced for Paris Saint-Germain. These kits are normally worn at away domestic Cups and European fixtures as it is often completely different in design and colouring to the other strips.
They are also worn during French Ligue 1 matches where their away clashes with the other team’s home. Occasionally there is never an instance where the team needs to wear their third or fourth gear, which makes the apparel a limited edition to any collectors wardrobe.
Appearance of the Paris Saint Germain 3rd Shirt
For the home kit and away gear, there are set colour schemes for the apparel, however when it comes to a 3rd and fourth top, there is more freedom with the styling. As a result of this, you can find a wide range of colour ways and detailed tops here on this page.
One of the most unique things about the Paris Saint-Germain third is the fact that it is produced under the Air Jordan branding rather than Nike. And with this collaboration the templates and colours of the gear is often a more modern and trending look. Some of the most notable tops are:
- 1994/95: White shirt with blue dripping pixelated graphic from the collar. V-shaped neckline, blue and red sleeve detail.
- 2001/02: Sleek black PSG third jersey with gold coloured detailing around the sleeve cuffs and rounded neckline. Nike and Opel sponsor along with club crest.
- 2014/15: Bold red shirt with polo style collar and concealed placket. Navy flank stripes, Nike Swoosh and Fly Emirates logo.
- 2017/18: Sleek black 3rd shirt with silver/grey shoulder accents. The same silver/grey colour is used in the monochrome crest, Nike and sponsor logos.
- 2018/19: Two different tops launched, one black and one white with similar stripe down the centre.
Ordering your PSG Third Soccer Kit at Soccer Box
With so much hype around the Paris Saint-Germain 3rd, it is certainly selling fast. Don’t delay and click add to cart on your Paris Saint-Germain 3rd top, shorts and socks today. Why not also take a look at the latest training wear, and pick up a jacket, tracksuit and other great items that will perfectly coordinate with your new strip.
Sign-up for our newsletter to receive information and alerts about all the new kit releases, you’ll also get exclusive customer only discount codes and special offers.
Place your order online using our secure payment portal today and you could be wearing your new gear in a flash when opting for our express global shipping methods at the checkout!