Nike Produces the RB Leipzig Kit
Established in 2009, RB Leipzig’s gear was manufactured by the German brand – Adidas. Playing in the third league, in 2014 when RB Leipzig was promoted to the second league, Nike took an interest in the team and signed a contract with the club to create their home, away, third and training wear ranges. This contract was for 10 years and allowed Red Bull to now have two teams with the American sportswear giant.
Since working with Nike RB Leipzig has moved up the leagues again and are now playing in the top flight Bundesliga. This therefore led to them becoming one of the 10 elite teams for Nike in 2020. This status comes with a wide range of benefits for the club such as being able to have unique kit designs that aren’t repetitive across the board. And they are now given a third kit to wear in addition to their home and away collections with the brand.
History of the RB Leipzig Home Jersey
Due to being part of the Red Bull umbrella company, the RB Leipzig football kit is modelled on the Red Bull branding colours. Which means that their home strip in particular is often white with hints of red and yellow. In addition to this, the front sponsor location is always reserved for Red Bull and within the club’s crest the double bull attribute is seen again as the brand and team are fully integrated.
As their colour and styles are quite niche, the appearance of the home season to season doesn’t differ greatly from one to the next. However, here are some of the most notable jerseys manufactured by both Adidas and Nike.
- 2009/10 – First ever jersey produced for the club by Adidas, large Red Bull branding in the centre, red Adidas stripes down the sleeves and red logo in the centre of the collar. Red outline to the neck.
- 2017/18 – White with red piping down the sides and pixelated red gradient design across the sleeves.
- 2019/20 – Light grey diagonal stripes across the chest.
- 2021/22 – White with all-over red striped paint stroke pattern.
Design of the RB Leipzig Away Shirts
Unlike the home gear, for the RB Leipzig away and third kit Nike gets a little more freedom with the styling. However, the colour way still has to remain within the guideline set by Red Bull. But as you can see above, they are often a more vibrant and striking appearance, some of the most stand-out jerseys are:
- 2017/18 Away – Similar to the template of the home shirt for the season, but with a navy base and yellow sleeve accents.
- 2019/20 Third – First 3rd shirt released for the team, plain black with red and blue fleckes on the body.
- 2020/21 Away – First major colour change for RB Leipzig, vibrant blue base with pale yellow accents and orange neck and piping.
- 2020/21 Third – Tonal blue swirl pattern with orange accents.
- 2021/22 Third – Light blue, purple and black static pattern with white details
RB Leipzig Soccer Achievements
The first four seasons for RB Leipzig was a whirlwind of success, with promotion to the 2nd tier of German football for the 2014/15 season. The success continued with the club roaring into 5th place during their first season in the league and 2nd in the following season securing promotion to the Bundesliga for 2016/17. Will RB Leipzig be competing on a level with the likes of FC Bayern and Borussia Dortmund over the coming seasons?
Red Bull Arena – Home of RB Leipzig
During their first season RB Leipzig played at the 5,000 seat Stadion am Bad in Markranstädt. However, in July 2010 they moved to the Red Bull Arena (formerly known as Zentralstadion). The average attendances have soared from 2,150 in their first season to an astonishing 29,441 in 2015/16, their advancement to the Bundesliga is sure to entice more supporters wearing the RB Leipzig shirts to the 42,959 seat Red Bull Arena over the coming years.
Order Your New RB Leipzig Top Here Today!
It seems that RB Leipzig is set to become a dominating force in the German Bundesliga. Whether you live in the local area and have supported the team from its 2009 foundation, or their swift success and promotion has garnered your interest now is the perfect time to pick up the RB Leipzig soccer jersey . We are supplied directly by Nike, and you are shopping for genuine team gear. Our prices and competitive and we offer worldwide delivery options for your convenience.