Nike Manufactures the Inter Milan Kit
In the current climate of big money football strip manufacturing deals, Internazionale and their long-standing merchandise deal with Nike is becoming a rare entity. In fact, American sportswear brand Nike, and their signature Swoosh logo, has partnered with Serie A club Inter Milan since 1998. In 2013, Inter and Nike signed a new 10-year agreement for the manufacturer of all of the teams, match-day kits, training gear and accessories, this means that the iconic Nike Swoosh is likely to adorn the Inter Milan jersey until at least 2023.
Past Producers of the Inter Milan Soccer Kits
Prior to partnering with Nike, the soccer kit has been manufactured by several other sportswear brands. We list these below alongside the years that those kit deals were active:
- 1979-1982: Puma
- 1982-1986: Mecsport
- 1986-1988: Le Coq Sportif
- 1988-1991: Uhlsport
- 1991-1998: Umbro
- 1998-Present: Nike
Of course, the infamous black and blue stripes of the Home Kit make it the most sought after of the team’s strips, and you can shop for your jersey here at Soccer Box. We also stock away and third shirts, training gear and official Nike accessories enabling you to kit yourself and the whole family out in the newest strip.
Inter Milan Soccer Achievements
Inter Milan is an Italian football club with a long and storied history. Internazionale was founded in 1908 and have spent their entire history playing in the top-flight of Italian soccer, Serie A, in fact they are the only team to have never been relegated. Over their long period playing Serie A football the wearers of the Inter Milan shirts have racked up a large number of trophies and accolades both in domestic and International competition. Here is a list of the leagues and tournaments won by Inter Milan and how many times they’ve won:
- Serie A: 18 – most recently in 2010
- Coppa Italia: 7 – most recent 2011
- Supercoppa Italiana: 5
- Champions League: 3 – 1964, 1965 & 2010
- UEFA Cup: 3 – 1991, 1994, 1998
- Intercontinental Cup: 2
- FIFA Club World Cup: 1 – 2010
With their first ever trophy lifted in 1910, when they first won Serie A, it is clear to see that Internazionale are not just a short-term wonder football club, they have had repeated success over many decades, and spanning two centuries. This level of success has ensured vast numbers of supporters in Milan, throughout Italy and worldwide. Those supporters show their pride in the I Nerazzurri by purchasing and wearing the latest Inter Milan jersey, as well as other kit and accessories.
Since 2011 Inter has had a lull in terms of trophy acquisition. The period at the club has been rather unstable with an influx and exodus of management. In fact, from 2010 – 2017 the team had an unbelievable 12 managers, including current manager Luciano Spalletti who joined the club in June 2017. Since his arrival it seems that the fortunes of the Black and Blues may once again be on the rise. Watch this space as another Serie A title could be brewing for Inter Milan. Order your football kit to show support at every game.
Notable Players to Wear the Inter Milan Jersey
Over such a long history, there are of course numerous examples of footballers who deserve recognition as part of the evolution and success of the club. Here we pick out a few names that we feel truly deserve a mention as some of the most notable players to don the Inter Milan strip.
- Giuseppe Meazza: 1927-40 & 1946-47 – In his two stints wearing the Nerazzurri top Meazza is, to date, the club’s highest goal-scorer. He scored an immense 284 goals in 408 appearances.
- Giancinto Faccetti: 1960-1978 – Faccetti, a defender, played his entire club career with the club and served as chairman from 2004 until his death in 2006. In his honour his shirt number ‘3’ was retired posthumously in 2006.
- Javier Zanetti: 1995-2014 – Zanetti made an astounding record 858 appearances in the Inter Milan football shirt, he is also the clubs longest serving captain in the club’s history. In his honour, following his retirement, the club retired the number ‘4’.
- Mauro Icardi: 2013-present – Icardi, a forward, is the clubs most successful footballer in recent years. He is captain and has netted well in excess of 100 goals so far, averaging 21 per season between 2013 – 2017.
Do you have a favourite Nerazzurri footballer past or present? Why not share your opinion with us by looking us up on social media? Tell us who is your favourite and why, we love to hear from other passionate football fans.
Shop the New Inter Milan Shirt Here
It is our forecast that in the seasons to come the football club will break free of their dip in performances and be back on the hunt for major trophies, in both domestic and International tournaments. Take this opportunity to order the new Inter Milan football kit while supplies last. We stock junior and adult sizes in the official Nike Internazionale shirt, shorts and socks. There are also bargains to be found on past-seasons Inter soccer kit in our special offers store. Order online using our secure payment processor, we offer standard and expedited shipping services around the globe. Should you need to contact us our customer service team are available during business hours by phone or email to answer your queries.