Items 1-24 of 232
Why Choose the Barcelona Football Kit?
Barcelona football club is one of the most successful teams on the planet. They have consistently won trophies across domestic and European competition since their foundation in 1899. Barça is the record holder for most titles won across multiple tournaments, their ongoing success makes it clear to see why the Barcelona soccer strip is in high demand not just in the Catalan area of Spain but around the globe. Below we take a look at some of the honours won by FC Barcelona to date.
- La Liga: 26 titles most recently 2018/19
- Copa del Rey: Record 30 titles
- Supercopa de España: 13
- UEFA Champions League: 5 trophies
- UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup: 4
- FIFA Club World Cup: Won 3 times most recently 2015
FC Barcelona is consistently among the highest ranked football clubs worldwide, since the inception of La Liga in 1928 the team has only finished outside of the top-5 on eight occasions, most recently was finishing 6thin 2002/03. The Barcelona team is also a regular feature of European competition helping to spread the worldwide popularity of the club.
Manufacturers of the Barcelona Soccer Kit
The iconic blue and red stripes of the home strip are known and loved by fans of Barcelona FC. If that is the look you are shopping for head over to our Barça home shop store where you can find the latest shirt, shorts and socks from the Barcelona baby set up to size 2XL men’s.
The history of the Barcelona strip is an interesting one, as the club has stayed loyal to manufacturers over long periods of time. Their current deal is with Nike which began in 1998, the deal was renewed for 2018 and will run until at least 2023, it is worth a reported £140 million per season, making it one of the biggest merchandise deals ever agreed. Here is a run-down of the Barcelona merchandise manufacturers over the years:
- 1982-1992: Meyba
- 1992-1998: Kappa
- 1998-Present: Nike
On the subject of Barcelona kit history, we also need to mention the clubs’ stance on sponsorship. While many football clubs have had big sponsorship deals for their shirts for many years, FC Barça is relatively new to the party. Their first foray into shirt sponsorship wasn’t until 2006, when instead of earning big money to promote a company the club opted for the charitable route by raising money for UNICEF with their logo on the Barcelona jerseys, the UNICEF logo still adorns club’s products today. In 2011 Barcelona signed an agreement with Qatar Airways to initially continue with the charitable theme by promoting the Qatar Foundation which in turn moved to Qatar Airways sponsorship in 2013. Since 2017 the Barcelona football strip has featured Rakuten sponsorship. The move into commercial sponsorship hasn’t been universally popular with fans, you can find out more over on our blog.
Each season Nike launches three new Barcelona outfits; home, away and third, as well as goalkeeper outfits, training gear and fan accessories all of which can be purchased here at Soccer Box. Why not start by taking a look at the latest Barcelona football shirts, as that is the most popular purchase for supporters.
Famous Players to Wear the Barcelona Shirt
With so much success it is clear that FC Barcelona has attracted some of most talented footballers on the planet over the years. There are almost too many top players to have played for Barcelona for us to narrow it down, but below are some of our favourite players to have made the clubs starting 11. If you think we have missed one of your favourites find us over on social media and tell us who your top Barça players are and why.
- Xavi – 1998-2015: Xavi played for Barca through his entire youth career and the prime years of his senior career. He made a total of 767 appearances a club record. One of the best central midfielders of all time, Xavi racked up 31 trohpies with the club and numerous individual accolades.
- Carlos Puyol – 1999-2014: Puyol is another long-serving player wearing the Barcelona soccer strip for his entire professional career. He was the club captain for 10 seasons, won 20 trophies at both domestic and international level.
- Victor Valdés – 2002-2014: The only goalkeeper on our list and a deserving addition. He made 535 appearances keeping impressive 237 clean sheets, winning best La Liga goalkeeper on 5 occasions. Inspired by the success of Valdés shop the latest Barcelona goalie top now.
- Andrés Iniesta – 2002-2018: Another player to come through the youth ranks Iniesta is the most decorated Barça player of all time with 34 titles to his name.
- Lionel Messi – 2004-present: Of course, we had to include the current number 10 Messi. Currently with the second most appearances in the Barça strip and the club’s highest goal scorer Messi has had a huge impact on the continuing success of the club throughout his career.
Shop Official Barcelona New Shirt Here
Whether it is the Barcelona kids set, the latest home shirt, or training gear you are looking for you can find all the latest products here at Soccer Box. Or if you are looking to bag a bargain head over to our Barça special offers page where you can get previous season’s outfits at fantastic prices, but hurry stock is limited.
As on official supplier of Nike products you are guaranteed to receive the official Barcelona football strip when you order from us. Take a look at our fantastic Trustpilot reviews, and please do consider leaving us a review of your own once you have taken delivery of your Barcelona merchandise. Contact our customer service team should you need any assistance before, during or after placing your order.