Design of the Home Belgium Football Kit
As is the case with many national teams the colour of the shirt is based on the colour scheme for the Belgian flag; black, red and yellow. The jersey is predominately red, with black and yellow details. This colour scheme has remained consistent in all but two years – 1904/05 when the shirt was satin and three horizontal bands, one each black, yellow and red, and in the 1970’s when an all white jersey was worn ‘to improve player visibility’.
Most fans opt for the home shirt, but we also stock the new away jersey, which is also a fantastic choice. Below we pick out some of our favourite shirts from previous seasons. Find us on social media and upload pictures of your favourite jersey from previous seasons.
- 1984/85: One of the bolder shirts, this edition was red with a white horizontal band across the chest featuring black, red and yellow diamond shapes, and also housing the team badge. Small yellow Adidas logo on the right chest and polo style collar.
- 1997/98: Sleek jersey with large subtle graphic of the Belgian crest on the front. Tricolour trim around the neckline and sleeve cuffs. Rounded neckline with collar insert, and white Diadora logo.
- 2002/04: Plain red soccer jersey with rounded neckline and thin black neckband. Black diagonal flashes on the front and sleeve backs. A team crest and yellow Nike Swoosh complete the look.
- 2016/17: Interesting football shirt with black sleeves and front yoke housing the crest and Adidas logos. Bottom two thirds and back of the shirt plain red apart from yellow Adidas flank stripes. V-shaped neckline and red shoulder inserts.
- 2019/20: Designed for Euro 2020 (now Euro 2021), this multi-tonal shirt is unique. Primarily red with slightly dark red diagonal and vertical ‘paint stripes’ and two left shoulder/side to right hem black diagonal paint effect stripes. Adidas logo and updated crest. Slight v-shaped neckline with black and yellow detail.
Adidas Belgium Home Shirt, Shorts and Socks
We have the new strip available for the whole family. Soccer Box is a licensed stockist of Adidas merchandise, guaranteeing that you will receive the official shirts, shorts and socks when you order from us. For the youngest of fans, we stock the great value kid’s oufit, this is available for younger children and includes the jersey, shorts and football socks in one complete set.
For children age 7-14 years the jersey, shorts and football socks are available in junior sizes. These can be individually purchased allowing you to only pick up the items that your child will wear, and in the sizes best suited. Adult sizing is S-2XL, and each component of the strip is available to purchase individually.
The new shorts in kid’s and men’s sizes include an elasticated waistband to ensure a snug and secure fit. Socks are sold in UK shoe sizes, should you require any assistance with sizing please do contact our customer care team who will be happy to assist you. To wear alongside your kit, you may also be interested in purchasing some of the official training wear that we also have available to order.
Since 1931 the home of the Belgian national football team has been King Baudouin Stadium, which is in Brussels. This stadium was known as Jubilee Stadium from 1930-1945, and Heysel Stadium from 1946 to 1995 when it was given its current name King Baudouin Stadium.
Prior to 1931 the Belgian team played at a variety of grounds primarily in and around Antwerp, Brussels, Liège, Verviers and Seraing. The team has also played matches at these alternative locations since 1931, primarily during renovation of their ground but also for matches where a lower capacity of supporters is expected.
On match days the King Baudouin Stadium is often packed with supporters wearing their shirts. The maximum capacity of the stadium is currently 50,093. However, prior to all-seated regulation the record attendance is recorded at 64,073 for a fixture between Anderlecht and Dundee in March 1963.
Order Your New Merchandise Here
Recent years has seen a huge surge in demand for the Belgium home kit, so if it is the jersey, shorts or socks that you require avoid disappointment and place your order online today. We only stock official Adidas merchandise, and pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. Why not consider signing up to our newsletter, to ensure that you receive notifications of the latest strip launches, as well as special offers and discount codes.