Why Pick the Belgium Jersey?
Football is the most popular sport in Belgium, but the Belgian national team have not generally been one of the big players in the sport, until recently. At the time of writing, April 2020, Belgium is ranked in the number spot for national football teams in both the FIFA Rankings and World Football Elo rankings. Due to the team’s recent successes demand for team gear has increased massively, with the new Belgium home kit leading the way as the most popular choice.
Recent years have seen the Belgium national football team show themselves as a strong contender for major world football titles. At the 2018 World Cup Belgium were particularly strong, finishing in 3rd place. They also excelled during qualifying for the Euro 2020, now Euro 2021, where they won Group I, where they were undefeated with 10 wins, scoring 37 goals and only conceding 3 in total.
Below we list out the best performances at both the World Cup and Euro Championship for the Belgian squad.
Belgium at the World Cup
- 13 appearances in total
- 1986: 4th place
- 2018: 3rd place
Belgium at the Euro’s
- 5 appearances
- 1972: 3rd place
- 1980: Runner up
Get ready for the next big fixture and shop the full range of new Belgium jerseys that we have available. Wearing the team strip is the perfect way to highlight your allegiance at all games including friendlies, qualifiers and big tournament fixtures.
Manufacturers of the Belgium Football Shirts
Since 2014, German sportswear manufacturer, Adidas has designed, produced and distributed the Belgium football kits. In addition to the popular match day strip, there is also a range of Belgium training gear produced, and you can get your Belgium merchandise here in our Belgium shop. The Adidas deal with the Royal Belgian Football Association is reported to be worth around €1.8m per season, making it the biggest deal in the history of the Belgium national football team.
Adidas took over from Burda, who were the team’s previous manufacturer. In fact, Belgium has had many different merchandise manufacturers in the past. And, this is not the first time that the iconic 3-stripe Adidas logo has adorned the Belgium football shirt, this is the third time that Adidas has been in charge of producing the Belgium kits. Below we list the previous manufacturers, and the years that the deal spanned.
- 1967-1970: Le Coq Sportif
- 1970-1974: Umbro
- 1974-1980: Adidas
- 1981-1982: Admiral
- 1982-1991: Adidas
- 1991-1999: Diadora
- 1999-2010: Nike
- 2010-2014: Burda
- 2014-present: Adidas
Famous Players to Wear the Belgium Jersey
National football teams pick the very best from their country, and so it stands to reason that the team sheet will be packed with some of the best footballers in the world. But who are the iconic footballers in the history of the Belgium national squad? Below we pick out our top five footballers to ever step out on the Belgium shirt.
- Jean-Marie Pfaff: 1976-1987 – Pfaff wore the Belgium goalkeeper kit, during the team’s first golden era. He made 64 appearances and was chosen for the FIFA World Cup All Star Team in 1986 and won IFFHS Wold’s Best Goalkeeper Award in 1987.
- Jan Ceulemans: 1977-1991 – Making 96 appearances in the Belgium jersey and scoring 23 goals, Ceulemans is regarded to be one of the driving forces behind the 2nd place Euro 1980 finish and 4thplace at the 1986 FIFA World Cup.
- Jan Vertonghen: 2007-present – Vertonghen currently holds the record for most appearances in the Belgium shirt. He is a central defender and helped the squad secure third place at the 2018 World Cup.
- Eden Hazard: 2008-present – Hazard as an attacking midfielder currently wears the captain’s armband with his Belgium football shirt. He is a prolific goal scorer, and undoubtedly one of the best footballers in the world.
- Romelu Lukaku: 2010-present – Currently Belgium’s highest goal scorer Lukaku has hit the net an outstanding 52 times from 84 appearances as of April 2020.
Due to their recent success, our list of course includes several footballers still on the team sheet at the time of writing. Who would your top 5 be? Look us up on social media and tell us your favourite player(s) to wear the Belgium soccer jersey.
Shop the Official Belgium Adidas Kit Here
Whether it is the great value Belgium kids strip that includes the shirt, shorts and socks for one low price, the Belgium junior jersey or men’s sizes we stock the full set for the whole family. With Belgium’s recent success demand for kit is increasing, so avoid disappointment and place your order online today. With secure checkout and worldwide delivery make us your first choice for all the official Belgium jerseys. Take a look at our recent TrustPilot reviews and consider leaving us a review of your own after taking delivery of your new Belgium merchandise.