Styling of the England Away Jersey
Red is the traditional colour of the top, however they have also worn blue on several occasions, and even a grey shirt made three appearances in the 1995/96 season. Many supporters prefer the iconic white home strip, that is also available to purchase at Soccer Box.
Football shirt styles can be a contentious issue with supporters, as with the above mentioned grey jersey that was very unpopular with supporters, so only worn a handful of times. Below we pick out our favourite away shirts from previous campaigns.
- 1988/89: Sleek shirt, red in colour with subtle vertical stripe design. Rounded grandad neckline with button placket. White and navy sleeve and collar trim. Umbro logo and Three Lions badge.
- 1997/99: Two-tone deep red soccer jersey with polo style turn-down collar, faux v-shaped placket with navy insert. Navy blue and white collar and sleeve cuff detail. Centrally placed Umbro logo and national team badge.
- 2004/06: Brighter red shirt. St Georges cross detail on shoulders, and white vertical trim from the hemline. Rounded neckline, Umbro logo to the right, national badge and single gold star to the left.
- 2011/13: Boldly simple navy blue shirt with light blue turn-down collar, creating a striking look. Concealed button placket. White Umbro logo and England badge
- 2017/18: Two-tone red shirt. Brighter red main body, darker red sleeves and back yoke. Blue back neckline trim and flank stripes. Subtle v-shaped neckline, Nike Swoosh and Three Lions crest on the front.
What is your favourite shirt from the past? Look us up on social media and share your images of your favourite jersey with us. You can shop the full football merchandise collection in our online store.
Why Choose the England Away Kit?
It is true that most supporters prefer to purchase the home tops for their favourite teams, but there are plenty of great reasons to pick up the official soccer strips instead.
- More variation in colour scheme. White isn’t always the best choice for a child’s shirt, meaning that the red kid’s shirt could be a better option.
- Stand out from the crowd of other Three Lions fans, with most supporters picking out the home merchandise you will stand out more wearing the away clothing.
- Frequently Nike use the styling and colour scheme of the design to determine the look of coordinating merchandise such as jackets, training tops and other items. You can also shop the training wear collection at Soccer Box.
- Away games are more difficult for every team, less fans travel to watch games, especially where international travel is required, and there is a smaller allocation of tickets for supporters, meaning less supporters cheering on the team.
Undecided on what shirt to buy! Head over to our shirt shop where you can view all the latest jerseys that we have available, as well as any older designs that we may have all at vastly reduced prices.
Order Your England Away Soccer Kit Here
The away kit is always popular and can sell out quickly, particularly during major tournaments such as the FIFA World Cup or UEFA European Championships, so don’t delay and place your order online today. We are supplied directly from the Nike European distribution centres guaranteeing that you will receive the genuine jersey, shorts and socks when you order from us. We offer worldwide delivery options including next day services in the UK, so click add to cart and checkout online to secure your England away jersey now.