Styling of the England Away Jersey
Red is the traditional colour of the England away football kit, however they have also worn blue on several occasions, and even a grey shirt made three appearances in the 1995/96 season. Many supporters prefer the iconic white England home kit, that is also available to purchase at Soccer Box.
Football shirt styles can be a contentious issue with supporters, as with the above mentioned grey England away jersey that was very unpopular with supporters, so only worn a handful of times. Below we pick out our favourite England away shirts from previous campaigns.
- 1988/89: Sleek England away shirt, red in colour with subtle vertical stripe design. Rounded grandad neckline with button placket. White and navy sleeve and collar trim. Umbro logo and Three Lions badge.
- 1997/99: Two-tone deep red England away soccer jersey with polo style turn-down collar, faux v-shaped placket with navy insert. Navy blue and white collar and sleeve cuff detail. Centrally placed Umbro logo and national team badge.
- 2004/06: Brighter red England away football shirt. St Georges cross detail on shoulders, and white vertical trim from the hemline. Rounded neckline, Umbro logo to the right, national badge and single gold star to the left.
- 2011/13: Boldly simple navy blue away shirt with light blue turn-down collar, creating a striking look. Concealed button placket. White Umbro logo and England badge
- 2017/18: Two-tone red England away football shirt. Brighter red main body, darker red sleeves and back yoke. Blue back neckline trim and flank stripes. Subtle v-shaped neckline, Nike Swoosh and Three Lions crest on the front.
What is your favourite England shirt from the past? Look us up on social media and share your images of your favourite jersey with us. You can shop the full England football kit collection in our online store.
Why Choose the England Away Football Kit?
It is true that most supporters prefer to purchase the home kit for their favourite teams, but there are plenty of great reasons to pick up the England away soccer kit instead.
- More variation in colour scheme. White isn’t always the best choice for a child’s football shirt, meaning that the red England kid’s away shirt could be a better option.
- Stand out from the crowd of other Three Lions fans, with most supporters picking out the home kit you will stand out more wearing the away kit.
- Frequently Nike use the styling and colour scheme of the England away kit to determine the look of coordinating merchandise such as jackets, training tops and other items. You can also shop the England training wear collection at Soccer Box.
- Away games are more difficult for every football team, less fans travel to watch games, especially where international travel is required, and there is a smaller allocation of tickets for away supporters, meaning less supporters cheering on the team.
Undecided on what shirt to buy! Head over to our England football shirt shop where you can view all the latest jerseys that we have available, as well as any older designs that we may have all at vastly reduced prices.
Order Your England Away Soccer Kit Here
England away kit is always popular and can sell out quickly, particularly during major tournaments such as the FIFA World Cup or UEFA European Championships, so don’t delay and place your order online today. We are supplied directly from the Nike European distribution centres guaranteeing that you will receive the genuine England away jersey, shorts and socks when you order from us. We offer worldwide delivery options including next day services in the UK, so click add to cart and checkout online to secure your England away football kit now.