Styling of the England Home Jersey
White is the colour of the top. Without exception the English national squad have always had a white jersey. Red or blue accents are often used to add new design features or interest to the jersey. Most of the time the shorts are navy blue, and the socks are either white or navy, occasionally they have worn an all-white football strip. For slightly more variation in colour you may be interested in the away jersey that we also have available.
Despite always being white, the manufacturers of the England home football shirts keep the look fresh and modern with different styles of jersey. By altering the neckline, adding a collar, adding splashes of red or navy trim the look of the tops can vary dramatically from season to season. Below we pick out some of our favourite jerseys from the past.
- 1980/83: Striking product with deep v-shaped neckline, and bold red and blue horizontal stripe detail across the front of the shoulders. Manufactured by Admiral, with the Three Lions crest to the left.
- 1990/92: Iconic soccer jersey with all over diamond shape graphic. Navy blue collar with striped v-shaped placket. Navy Umbro logos encircling the sleeves.
- 2003/05: White shirt with red shoulder stripe. White polo style collar, with red neckline detailing and white insert. Centrally placed badge and navy Umbro logo.
- 2010/12: Simple white jersey with grandad collar and concealed button placket. Subtle underarm and flank detail. England crest on the left and Umbro logo to the right.
- 2016/18: Unique top, white main body with light blue sleeves and back yoke. Navy back-neck trim, flank stripes and Nike logo. Subtle v-shaped neckline, with team badge on the chest.
Do you have a favourite shirt from previous seasons? Look us up on social media and share your pictures of your favourites with us. Take a look at all the England jerseys we have available in our dedicated online store.
England Home Kit for the Whole Family
Football fever hits the Country whenever there is a major England football tournament including the European Championships or the World Cup, and demand for the strip soars. Here at Soccer Box be are supplied directly by Nike, and you can shop with up for team strip for the whole family. For the tiniest of supporters, you can order the infant kit that comprises the shirt, shorts and socks and in ages 6-24 months.
For slightly older kid’s we stock the kids strip that also includes the jersey, shorts and socks, and is available in ages 3-7 years. For older youth and adult sizes, you can mix and match by ordering the England jersey, shorts and socks individually. Junior sizes fit ages 6-15 years, and adult sizes available are small – xx-large. There really is a strip for every member of the family.
For adult sizes, you can also choose between the classic stadium jersey or the exact replica of the jersey worn by your favourite players referred to as Authentic or Nike match vapor jerseys. The stadium top is an official Nike product, and designed for fans, it is made from 100% polyester, includes woven crests and logos and utilised dri-FIT technology. The Authentic Nike match vapor jersey is exactly the same as the squad wear on match days, it features a slim fit, lightweight design with heat-applied badges and logos, and advanced zonal moisture management technology. You can find out more about the differences between the two options here.
Alongside each new strip release there is also a new goalkeeper strip launched. If this is what you are after then head over to our goalkeeper kit store to view the full range of goalie shirt, shorts and socks that we have available.
Unlike many other national football teams, the squad has their own stadium. Wembley Stadium in North London has been the home of the English national team since the 1920’s. In the early 2000’s the original stadium was knocked down and re-built. Here are some key facts about the iconic venue:
- Opened in 2007
- Capacity of 90,000
- Cost £789m to build
- 134-metre high arch is the defining feature
- Houses 2,618 toilets – more than any other building in the world
- Owned by the English FA
- Also plays host to rugby, American football, boxing and music events
In recent years with the growth of women’s football Wembley Stadium has played host to the Ladies FA Cup final with growing numbers of spectators. In November 2019 the Lionesses played the German women’s team in front of a crowd of 77,768, a new world record attendance for women’s football. We of course stock the women’s jersey as well.
Match days in Wembley are buzzing with supporters kitted out in their merchandise, but also waving flags, carrying England bags and wearing team jackets among other items. Add to your match day look over in our training wear store or pick up a fun accessory in our souvenir shop.
Shop the Official England Nike Kit Here
There is always a match coming up, whether it is a friendly, qualifier or a major International final, so be ready for kick off and order your England home kit today. Stock is limited, and does sell out quickly, so avoid disappointment and place your order online. Our shopping cart is secure, and we offer Next Day UK shipping options if you just have to have your kits now!