- France Nike White Training Jersey 2018/19 (Adults)Special Price £33.11 Was £47.99
Why Choose the France Football Kit?
Often people buy the national team shirt of the country they were born or live in, however, the success of the France national squad, and the worldwide popularity of many of the players means that their strip is worn by soccer fans around the globe. At major tournaments, but also for qualifiers and friendly matches fans show their support by wearing the official France jersey. The most popular top is the home kit, and you can pick up the latest edition by visiting our dedicated France home kit shop.
FIFA World Ranking gives every national team a position in world soccer, since the system was introduced in 1992 the French national squad has consistently featured as one of the top teams, they were ranked in first position in 2001 and have featured 2nd and 3rd on 6 and 2 occasions respectively. With success in both the FIFA World Cup and UEFA European Championship the French squad are well-known as a difficult to beat. Below is a list of the major titles won by France.
- FIFA World Cup: Champions 1998 & 2018
- UEFA European Championship: 1984 & 2000
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001 & 2003
- Olympic Gold: 1984
As the current FIFA World Cup holders, we expect the France football shirts to remain popular over the coming years, most fans choose to show their support with a football shirt, and you can shop the full range of official Nike France jerseys at Soccer Box. Get ready for the team’s next big match and order your France jerseys today.
Manufacturers of the France Soccer Kit
Since 1966 there have been just three different manufacturers of the France football strip, with the French Football Federation (FFF) choosing to have long-term contracts with only the top manufacturers of football merchandise. Currently, American sportswear brand Nike owns the contract to design, produce and distribute all of the France jerseys, shorts, socks, training wear and accessories. In addition to the France home and away shirts you can shop a selection of France training gear here. Details of the manufacturers of the France kit and in what years are listed below:
- 1966-1971: Le Coq Sportif
- 1971-2010: Adidas
- 2011-present: Nike
As you can see the iconic Adidas 3-stripes adorned the French football kit for over 40-years, however in 2000 the FFF decided to partner with Nike after being offered a record merchandise deal for a national team. Initially France and Nike partnered in a €42.6 million per year deal that was set to run from 2011-2018. Their record-breaking deal was beat by the Adidas German contract that was valued at €45m per year in 2015. However, in terms of national team kit deals France and Nike once again took the top spot for highest value in 2016 when they agreed a new deal worth a staggering €50 million per year deal that would run from 2018-2026.
Famous Players to Wear the France National Team jersey
With success in both European and worldwide football competition it is obvious that the France national team has been gifted with some exceptionally talented footballers over the years. Below we pick out some of our favourite players to have been capped wearing the France strip.
- Raymond Kopa: 1952-1962 – Part of the 3rd place France squad in the 1958 World Cup Kopa won the prestigious Ballon d’Or in the same year. He was an advanced playmaker and prolific goal-scorer making 45 appearances for France
- hitting the net 18 times.
- Zinedene Zidane: 1994-2006 – Perhaps the best of them all, Zidane wore the national shirt on 108 occasions, scoring 31 goals. He was part of the FIFA World Cup 1998 and Euro 2000 winning squads.
- Lilian Thuram: 1994-2008 – Thuram, a defender, currently hold the record for most outings in the football shirts with 142 caps. Part of the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 squads he also helped France secure their 2003 Confederations Cup title.
- Thierry Henry: 1997-2010 – Henry currently holds the record for most goals scored for the French national team, with 51 goals in 123 appearances. He was also part of World Cup, European Championship and Confederations Cup winning teams.
- Hugo Lloris: 2008-present – Lloris wears the France goalkeeper kit and is currently in the top 4 most capped French footballers. With “lightning reflexes and good decision-making” he helped France secure their 2nd FIFA World Cup title in 2018.
Who is your favourite France player of all time? Look us up on social media and tell us your thoughts. The current squad is packed full of well-known, popular footballers at the top of their game both at club and national level including players such as Olivier Giroud, Karim Benzema, Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial and many more. As the holders of the FIFA World Cup all eyes will be on France at the upcoming Euro 2020 tournament, could it back to back victories once again for the France national football team?
Shop Now for the Official France football home and away shirts
We are supplied directly by Nike, and only stock official France home and away football kits. If it is the France junior kit, adult shirt or training wear you are after we stock the full range right here at Soccer Box. In our France accessories store, you will find official Nike team merchandise to use alongside your new football shirt. Bur hurry, stock is limited, and the team’s ongoing success ensures that the France kit is one of the most popular in our online store. Get set for the next big game and order your France home and away kit today.