Why Pick The Arsenal Football Shirts
Since joining the First Division in 1904 the mighty Gunners have only been relegated once, in 1913, making them the record holders for having the longest streak in the English football top-flight. As well as being ever-present as one of the best football teams in the country this iconic London club has stacked up a large number of trophies in both domestic and European competition. Below we list some the club’s highlights:
- EFL & Premier League: 13 wins most recently 2004
- FA Cup: 13 trophies, the most of any club to date, last title 2017
- League Cup: Two-time winners 1987 and 1983
- UEFA Cup Winners Cup: 1994
Supporters of Arsenal football club hail primarily from North London, however the long-term success of the club means that there are fans around the globe. Here at Soccer Box we ship our shirts worldwide, so, wherever you are you can show your support for the Gunners by wearing the latest Arsenal Shirt, training gear or accessories.
Manufacturers of the Arsenal Soccer Strip
As one of the top clubs in the world the football strips have been manufactured by some of the best sportswear manufacturers in the world. Up until the end of the 2018/19 football season the New junior and adult Arsenal kit was manufactured by Puma. Below is a list of the manufacturers who have supplied the soccer shirts to date:
- Bukta – 1930-1970
- Umbro – 1971-1986
- Adidas – 1986-1994
- Nike – 1994-2014
- Puma – 2014-2019
- Adidas – 2019 - present
For the beginning of the 2019/20 campaign Arsenal has teamed up with Adidas in one of the most lucrative kit deals of any club. It has been reported that the deal for Adidas to produce the kit is worth £300m over 5-years, which means that the infamous 3-stripe logo will adorn the Adidas football shirt, shorts and socks until at least 2024. Adidas will design and manufacture all of the team’s home and away shirts including the training wear and jerseys, the official training gear range and accessories, all of which are available to purchase here at Soccer Box.
Famous Players to Wear the Arsenal Football Shirts
A football club as successful as the gunners has obviously had a great many of the world’s top footballers on their team sheet over the years. Below we are going to take a look at some of our favourite players to have worn the Arsenal football clothing. Head over to social media and tell us your thoughts on our list and share with us who is/was your favourite player and why, we love to hear from other passionate football supporters.
- David O’Leary: 1975-1993 – O’Leary played as centre-back and spent all but the last two years of his professional career wearing the Arsenal home and away shirts. He currently holds the record for the player with the most appearances with 722.
- David Seaman: 1990-2003 – Seaman the infamous number 1 stepped out in the Arsenal goalkeeper kit on an impressive 564 occasions. Winning 3 league titles, 4 FA Cup’s and the European Cup Winners Cup amongst other achievements he was part of some of the club’s greatest moments to date.
- Dennis Bergkamp: 1995-2006 – Bergkamp is widely considered to be one of the greatest footballers of the 90’s. He made 423 appearances in the Arsenal football shirts and scored 120 goals.
- Thierry Henry: 1999-2007 & 2012 – This list could not be complete without Thierry Henry, he is to date Arsenal’s highest goal scorer, hitting the net 226 times. He helped the club to secure two Premier League trophies, two FA Cup titles and was part of the 2005/06 Champions League runner-up team.
- Robin van Persie: 2004-2012 – A popular player during his time with the club the van Persie Arsenal shirts were one of the biggest sellers. He holds the record for most goals scored in a single season with 35 in 2011/12.
Success of Arsenal Ladies
Women’s football gets increasingly popular with every season, and the womens Away shirt is always a popular product in our online store. Partly due to the success of the ladies football team. Playing in the FA Women’s Super League, Arsenal hold the record for most wins with three to date, taking the trophy in 2011, 2012 and 2018/19. In fact, the Arsenal ladies team hold the record for winning every major domestic trophy the most times, as follows:
- FA Women’s Super League – 3
- FA Women’s Premier League National Division – 12
- FA Women’s Cup – 14
- FA WSL Cup – 5
- FA Women’s Premier League Cup – 10
- FA Women’s Community Shield – 5
Whether it is men’s, ladies or all football that you watch wearing an Arsenal new shirt is sure to mean that celebrating success is a regular occurrence.
Shop for your official Arsenal kit Here
Don’t delay and order your New strip here. We have the kids junior strips, football shirts, shorts and socks in junior and adult sizes, training gear and fan accessories so make us your first stop for all the latest shirt. If you are looking for a bargain take a look at our Arsenal special offers shop where we have a small selection of previous seasons stock at heavily reduced prices.
Ordering from our Arsenal shop online is easy, click add to the cart on your chosen kits and checkout online. Use our secure payment processor or Paypal Express checkout for hassle free shopping. We offer worldwide delivery options for your convenience. Feel free to contact our customer service team should you require any assistance before, during or after placing an order.