Why Choose a Liverpool Goalkeeper Shirt?
Historically the goalkeeper wears a different kit to the rest of the outfield players, so he is easier to spot. In the past the Liverpool goalkeeper kit was also designed to include additional protective padding at the elbows of the shirt and on the thighs of the shorts, however modern kits tend not to include this. Retro Liverpool goalkeeper jerseys were also often made of thicker, quilted fabric in contrast to the lightweight outfield shirts. You can compare all the latest shirt styles and designs in our Liverpool jersey store.
Recent seasons have seen the Liverpool goalkeeper shirt be one of the most popular of the team’s jerseys. The popularity can be attributed both to fantastic designs loved by both junior and adult supporters, and also the fact that the Liverpool number 1 has been phenomenal helping the club to secure the Champions League in the 2018/19 campaign, as well as keeping the squad in the race for the Premier League title, could 2019/20 be LFC’s year?
Styling of the Liverpool Goalkeeper Jersey
Green has been the dominant colour of the Liverpool goalkeeper shirts over the years, but they have also had an array of different coloured kits including black, white, orange, yellow and purple. Do you have a favourite Liverpool goalie jersey from the past? Look us up on social media and tell us which is your favourite and why. Below we list our top picks from past editions of the LFC goalkeeper shirt.
- 1994/95: Black, grey and purple block design long sleeve Liverpool goalkeeper shirt. Raised neckline with Adidas lettering, centrally placed club crest and Carlsberg sponsor logo.
- 1999/00: Black and silver/grey Reebok Liverpool goalkeeper jersey with curved stripe pattern and protruding front graphic. Raised neckline and long sleeves. Stacked manufacturer, crest and sponsor logos.
- 2004/05: Orange goalkeeper jersey with purple inserts on the sleeves and flanks. Rounded neckline, elasticated sleeve cuffs. Liverpool crest, white Reebok and Carlsberg logos.
- 2013/14: Bold two-tone purple and pink Liverpool goalie shirt with graduating pattern rising from the hemline with white details. White LFC crest, Warrior Sport and Standard Chartered logos.
- 2018/19: Pink goalkeeper shirt to coordinate with that season’s Liverpool 3rd kit. Interesting sleeve pattern made up with small black squares. Long sleeve, crewneck jersey. White New Balance and sponsor logos, and LFC crest.
Whether you are considering purchasing the new Liverpool goalkeeper kit because the number 1 is your favourite player or because you yourself play in goal it is a fantastic choice. If you are an amateur goalie, you may also like to consider ordering some of the official Liverpool New Balance training kit that we have available for kids and adults. A hoodie, jacket or training pants will coordinate perfectly with your goalkeeper jersey and ensure you look like a pro between the sticks.
Shop the Liverpool New Balance Goalkeeper Kit
Stock is selling fast of the latest Liverpool goalkeeper kit so click add to cart and checkout online to secure yours now. We only stock official kit guaranteeing that you will receive genuine merchandise, we keep prices competitive, and offer worldwide delivery options for your convenience. Make Soccer Box your one-stop shop for all Liverpool home, away and third goalkeeper shirts, shorts and socks.