What is the Liverpool Third Football Kit?
Historically football clubs have always had a home colour scheme, red in the case of LFC, this is always the most popular product and you can of course purchase the home gear at Soccer Box. However, due to kit colour clashes a second strip was introduced, this is the away that we also stock. So, what is the third kit?
Third strips were introduced in late 70’s and 80’s and were initially recycled from the previous years away kit, however increasing commercialisation and the demand for more merchandise has now resulted in many clubs launching a specially designed third each season. This attire is generally reserved for use in away European and Cup fixtures however, they do also wear it for several Premier League away games each season.
Liverpool FC is the most celebrated English club in European football, having won numerous titles and honours. Their most recent success was winning the 2018/19 Champions League, making that season’s third exceptionally popular with supporters. Don’t miss your opportunity to show your support for Liverpool in the next European or Cup fixture order here today.
Colours of the Liverpool Third Shirt
Many supporters eagerly anticipate the launch of the third jersey each season, as it represents an opportunity for the club and kit supplier to approach the colour scheme and styling with a more varied approach. You can see all the latest football jerseys here, the home is always red, the away colour palette features similar colours in rotation, the third collection is more experimental and can provoke real love/hate reactions among fans.
From simple and subdued to bold and bright the Liverpool 3rd football kit has featured many different colours and designs since the mid-1990’s. Below we will pick out some of our favourite Liverpool third jerseys from past seasons. Feel free to look us up on social media and tell us which were your favourites and why.
- 1994/96: Yellow with all-over graphic including the crest and logos. Black Adidas sleeve hoops, and black collar trim. Crest, Carlsberg and Adidas logos.
- 2006/07: Primarily white with black right sleeve and side panel creating a unique and striking effect. Adidas sleeve stripes, full colour crest and black Carlsberg sponsorship.
- 2013/14: Bold black, purple, white and grey abstract pattern. Faux v-shaped neckline with insert, gold coloured Liverbird crest, Warrior Sports and sponsor logo.
- 2014/15: Black and grey horizontal stripe with diagonal pink and black stripe insert, pink sleeve cuff and collar detail. Button up placket. Gold coloured crest, white Warrior Sport and Standard Chartered logos.
- 2019/20: Sleek black and teal top. Front graphic pattern, plain black sleeves and back panel. Rounded neckline, teal sleeve trim, teal coloured LFC crest and NB logo, white sponsor logo.
- 2021/22: Return of the full yellow strip with red accents and checkerboard pattern around the neck and sleeves.
Due to its usage in European and Cup competition there is usually also a training collection launched specifically to coordinate with the third gear. If you love the look of the current 3rd strip, you can also shop the training wear and pick up a tracksuit, hoodie or jacket to wear alongside your new third football shirt.
Shop the Official Liverpool Third Football Strip
If the Nike Liverpool third strip is top of your must-have list than now is the time to order. The current 3rd gear is selling fast in both junior and adult sizes, so click add to cart and checkout online to order yours today. With the tops, shorts and socks available you can kit yourself and the whole family out ready for the team’s next big game. We offer worldwide delivery options for your convenience. Take a look at our recent reviews and remember to leave us a review of your own once taking delivery of your new gear.