Manchester United Home Kit
The latest home strip for Manchester United is available now, and you can shop for yours right here at Soccer Box. In our Manchester United home store you can pick up the official Adidas home shirt, shorts and socks in a full range of sizes. We stock the home baby set for the tiniest of supporters, the great value little boys kit, and the official home jersey, shorts and socks in junior and adult sizes from age 7 up to 3X-Large. But hurry, the home strip is exceptionally popular, so avoid disappointment and order yours while supplies last.
- Manchester United Boys Home Football Shorts 2012/13Special Price £3.60 Was £17.99
- Manchester United Boys Home Change Goalkeeper Shorts 2013-14Special Price £4.40 Was £21.99
Colour Scheme of the Man Utd Home Kit
Prior to becoming Manchester United in 1902, the club played under the name Newton Heath from 1878. Between 1878 and 1902 the club had various colour schemes including white and blue, and red and white quartered jerseys. However, the most famous, and still harbouring respect from today’s supporters, is the distinctive green and gold colours that were worn from 1894 – 1896. Upon becoming Manchester United football club, the now distinctive Manchester United red football kit with a red shirt, white shorts and black socks was introduced, and has remained to this day however, the shorts do vary between black and white. To view all the available Man Utd football shirts that we have available head over to our dedicated page where you can view home, away and third options all in one place.
The Manchester United shirt may have been red for over 100-years, but that does not mean that every edition is the same. Over the years, under the guise of different manufacturers, there have been some fantastic incarnations of the home shirt, and others that have not been so popular. Below we pick out a few of our favourite Manchester United home jerseys, why not look us up on social media and share your pictures and thoughts on which shirts have been your favourite.
- 1983/84: classic red shirt, with deep v-shaped neckline, wide white collar with black and red pinstripe detail. Adidas sleeve stripes, and original Adidas logo, small club crest and Sharp sponsor logo.
- 1996/97: red jersey with raglan sleeves in darker red with all over graphic pattern. Full collar, half grey and half white in colour, with unique grey placket and single button. The Umbro logo, Manchester United crest and sponsor logo sit stacked in the centre of the shirt.
- 2002/04: red Manchester United home shirt with dramatic black inserts placed under the arms and down the flanks, and unique triangular insert protruding from the rounded neckline. A Nike jersey with Vodafone sponsorship.
- 2012/13: Unique two-tone red jersey. The tones of red criss-cross to form a gingham pattern that was designed to represent the historic cotton industry of Manchester. Black V-shaped neckline, Nike Swoosh and AON sponsor.
- 2018/19: Red to black transitional design featuring tonal horizontal stripes that begin red at the v-shaped neckline and end black at the hem. Black Adidas shoulder stripes, Manchester United crest and Chevrolet sponsor logo.
Personalise Your Manchester United Home Shirt
When you shop for Manchester United strip at Soccer Box there are various ways that you can personalise the shirt to suit your requirements. To start with we offer the home shirt, shorts and socks in a full range of sizes, enabling you to purchase each item in the size that best suits you. Kids in particular often require the Man Utd shirt in a larger size than the shorts, use the size charts that we have available or contact our customer service team if you need help deciding the perfect size for yourself or a child.
Adult supporters also have the option of purchasing the latest Manchester United Home shirt in either the classic replica stadium shirt version or the ‘Authentic’ version. Both of these tops are manufactured by Adidas and are official products. The replica stadium shirt is the classic home shirt, made for supporters featuring the same colour scheme and styling that you see your favourite players wearing, but with a more relaxed fit, a woven crest and standard Adidas moisture wicking design.
The Manchester United Authentic jersey is an exact replica of the top that you will see the squad wearing during home fixtures. The Authentic Adidas ClimaChill shirt provides a more fitted style, advanced zonal ClimaChill moisture management and a lighter weight heat-applied crest. Both options are a fantastic choice, and it really is down to personal preference.
When you order your soccer jersey from us you also have the option of adding official Premier League lettering and sleeve patches. Choose your own name or that of your favourite player, and your shirt will be printed to order by our fully trained staff. Please check all spellings before submitting your order.
You could also consider a mix and match approach if following the traditional look isn’t your aesthetic. Why not take a look at our Manchester United away kit shop where you can pick all the latest away shirt, shorts and socks, which could look great when styled alongside some of the home strip pieces.
Old Trafford the Home of the Red Devils
Since 1910 the symbolic home of Manchester United football club has been their stadium Old Trafford, which is based in Greater Manchester. At the time of writing Old Trafford is the largest stadium of any Premier League football club and is second largest in the United Kingdom after Wembley. Below are a few facts about Old Trafford that every supporter should know:
- Opened in 1910
- Nickname – Theatre of Dreams
- Roof installed 1950’s
- All-seater conversion 1990’s
- Expanded in 2006
- Current capacity – 74,994
On match days the stands at Old Trafford are packed with fans wearing their Manchester United football top and other team merchandise. Do you regularly attend games at Old Trafford? Is it a dream of yours to be at a home game? Find us on social media and share your memories and pictures of the ground or plans for attending a game there.
Shop the Manchester United Home Collection
Ordering your official Adidas strip is easy at Soccer Box. Simply pick out the shirt, shorts and socks that you require and click add to cart. Our online payment processor is easy to use and secure. We offer worldwide delivery meaning that your Manchester United home shirt will be soon delivered right to your doorstep. Our customer care team are available during business hours should you need help or advice at any point before, during or after making a purchase.