What is the Man Utd 3rd Kit
Many people wonder what the requirement is of a strip. Some clubs and suppliers actually refer to the third kit as a ‘Cup kit’, this is because primarily the Man Utd 3rd kit is used for away matches in European and Cup tournaments, each kit is scheduled to be used in a few away league matches each season but it is not their primary function. To uphold the spirit of European and domestic cup competitions you may also notice that the squad have a dedicated training collection to coordinate with the 3rd strip, take a look at the Man Utd training kit that we have available and pick out a jacket and other gear to wear alongside your third jersey.
Of course, the other function of having a strip is to avoid clashes with opposing teams, and in the case of Manchester Utd in the 1995/96 season to replace the grey away kit that was scrapped after only five matches due to being ‘bad luck’. Below we are going to highlight some of our favourite kits from past seasons, find us on social media and let us know which Man Utd 3rd jersey you think was the best.
- 1994/96: Bold royal blue and white vertical stripe. Manufactured by Umbro featuring a golden coloured Sharp logo and club crest within a black shield.
- 2000/01: Navy blue 3rd jersey with red panels on the flanks and rounded neckline. Shoulder piping, white Umbro logo and Vodafone sponsor along with a monochromatic crest give a sleek and stylish finish.
- 2008/09: Simple royal blue 3rd jersey with rounded neckline. The full colour crest was encircled with text to celebrate the 40thanniversary of the 1967/68 European Cup title.
- 2012/13: Impactful royal blue and black alternating horizontal stripe Man Utd third top. Manufactured by Nike the jersey included a black crew neck collar, white Swoosh, Aon sponsor logo and full-colour MUFC crest.
- 2016/17: Stylish white, black and grey strip. The shoulders featured a graduating honeycomb black to grey pattern in celebration of the worker bee. Monochrome crest and black Adidas stripes and logo perfectly complement the sleek aesthetic.
Bookmark this page and check back regularly to ensure that you can pick up your 3rd football kit as soon as a new one is launched. You can also sign up to our newsletter to receive notifications of new kit releases, along with special customer only offers and discount codes.
Buy Your Manchester United Third Kit Today
In both kids and adult sizes the Man Utd 3rd soccer kit is selling fast, so click add to cart and order your shirt, shorts and socks today. You may also be interested in the home and away kit or official Adidas merchandise, take a look at our Man Utd kit shop to see the complete range of Red Devils gear that we have available.
Shopping with Soccer Box is easy and hassle free. Our online payment processor is secure and easy to use or, choose to checkout via Paypal Express for the ultimate convenience. Take a look at our best in category Trustpilot rating and recent customer reviews, and please do consider leaving us a review once receiving delivery of your brand-new Manchester United third kit.