OFFManchester United Black DNA Graphic Hoodie 2022/23Lipscore: empty product dataSpecial Price £45.00 Was £60.00
Why are the Adidas Manchester United Shirts So Popular?
This iconic club is arguably the best known and best supported team in the world. This support leads to an inevitable popularity of the club’s soccer merchandise. Since their formation the team has consistently been a front runner in the English Premier League and have racked up an impressive number of honours and trophies in both domestic and European competition. Below is a summary of the major titles accorded to football club:
- First Division/Premier League – 20 titles most recently 2013
- FA Cup – 12 wins
- League Cup – 5 trophies
- European Cup/Champions League – 3 titles
- Europa League – Won once in 2017
From their first recorded league win in 1908 until the current day the club have never strayed far from the forefront of English soccer. The club has an exceptionally large fanbase within Manchester and the local area, across the UK and around the globe, in fact we ship our products worldwide to fans. Figures put the club’s worldwide supporter total at between 75-333million. These figures make it clear why the Manchester United shirts is one of the best-selling soccer tops in the world, and you can get yours here at Soccer Box while stocks last.
Undoubtedly the period from 1992 to 2013 was the most successful period in the history of the club. With Sir Alex Ferguson at the helm and the ‘Class of 92’ on the pitch the club secured title after title and, dominated the world of soccer. The team may have slipped in recent seasons, but their supporter figures remain strong, sales of products are consistent, and the feeling that the club can return to the pinnacle of their success is always there.
Manufacturers of the Manchester United kit
The football kit has been manufactured by some of the biggest names in suppliers of sportswear. The current authentic stript is designed and produced by Adidas. Adidas and the board agreed a 10-year deal that began in 2015 and is worth a reported minimum of £750m. Each season Adidas launch new strips that includes a jersey, shorts, socks and accessories.
Adidas may be the current manufacturer of the Manchester United shirts and training wear, but below we list the other suppliers whose names have adorned the kit since 1945 when the club first entered into a shirt manufacturing agreement.
- 1945-1975: Umbro
- 1975-1980: Admiral
- 1980-1992: Adidas
- 1992-2002: Umbro
- 2002-2015: Nike
- 2015-present: Adidas
Every season there are staged launches of the new strips. The first new Man united Jersey usually appears during May, with the others following over the summer. In recent seasons there has been no set pattern to the order in which the sets are launched, but you can sign up to the Soccer Box newsletter and receive news on the latest soccer releases straight to your inbox – sign up here.
Big Names to Have Worn the Manchester United kit
Such a large club as Utd has had a huge number of big-name footballers on their books over the years. The often referred to ‘Class of 92’ refers to six players who began their days wearing the authentic merchandise as part of the clubs youth programme, and then progressed to the first team playing exceptional soccer and leading the way for the club to win a record-breaking number of trophies during the 1990’s. These six were David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Paul Scholes. You can find out more about this era and what these six players have done together since retirement in this exclusive blog post.
Below we are going to list some of our favourite Manchester players over the years, and their contribution to the squad. Why not look us up on social media and share some of your memories with us of your best players, we love to hear from other passionate soccer supporters.
- Bobby Charlton (1956-73) – Charlton played for Manchester United during the clubs second most successful period ever. He helped the squad win 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup and a European Cup. Making 758 appearances and scoring 249 goals for the Reds, the attacking midfielder was also part of the England 1966 World Cup winning squad.
- Ryan Giggs (1991-2014) – Giggs famously wore the number 11 strip, he currently holds the record for most appearances with a phenomenal 963. Giggs a midfielder is loyalty personified, astoundingly he only ever played for for the red devils both in his youth and professional career.
- Peter Schmeichel (1991-99) – Regarded as one of the best goal stoppers to ever play soccer he made 398 appearances and even scored 1 goal for the club. The home, away and 3rd goal top with ‘Schmeichel 1’ was a popular purchase throughout the 1990’s. You can also shop the current goalkeeper Top with us.
- Eric Cantona (1992-97) – Cantona is affectionately remembered as always putting his own twist on the Manchester United Football Shirts by wearing the collar of his number 7 jersey upturned. A physically strong and skilled forward, he won 4 Premier League titles and 2 FA Cup’s with the side.
- Wayne Rooney (2004-17) – Rooney has left his mark at old trafford by being the clubs highest goal scorer to date, hitting the net an impressive 253 times.
Shopping for authentic football kit
Whether it is the home or away strip, or accessories you can shop for all the Adidas merchandise here at Soccer Box. If you’re unsure which Football shirt to purchase head over to our Man United shop page where you can compare all the latest styles that are available. We are supplied directly by Adidas and only stock genuine team products, but hurry the popularity of the Adidas Manchester United kit outweighs demand, so avoid disappointment and click add to cart today.