Manchester United Kit
Shopping for the latest kit for Manchester United football club has never been easier at Soccer Box. Here in our Manchester United kit shop we stock the official Man Utd football shirt, shorts and socks in sizes from baby to 3X-large adult. Whether it is the official home, away, third or training kit or one of the latest Adidas accessories we have a large range of products in stock and available for immediate dispatch and worldwide delivery. We are supplied directly by Adidas ensuring that you will get the genuine Man Utd kit when you order from us. So, get ready for the next Red Devils game and order your Manchester United football kit while supplies last.
OFFManchester United Adidas Home Goalkeeper Shorts 2018/19 (Kids)Special Price £15.99 Was £24.99
OFFManchester United Adidas Away Shorts 2018/19 (Kids)Special Price £16.99 Was £24.99
OFFManchester United Adidas Third Shorts 2018/19 (Kids)Special Price £14.99 Was £24.99
OFFManchester United Adidas Pink Training Jersey 2018/19 (Kids)Special Price £20.69 Was £29.99
Why is the Manchester United Football Kit So Popular?
Manchester United is arguably the best known and best supported football team in the world. This support leads to an inevitable popularity of the club’s football kit. Since their formation in Manchester United has consistently been a front runner in the English top-flight and, have racked up an impressive number of honours and trophies in both domestic and European competition. Below is a summary of the major titles accorded to Man United football club:
- First Division/Premier League – 20 titles most recently 2013
- FA Cup – 12 wins
- Football League Cup – 5 trophies
- European Cup/Champions League – 3 titles
- Europa League – Won once in 2017
From their first recorded league win in 1908 until the current day Manchester United have never strayed far from the forefront of English soccer. The club has an exceptionally large fanbase within Manchester and the local area, across the UK and around the globe, in fact we ship the Man Utd kit worldwide to fans. Official figures put the club’s worldwide supporter total at between 75-333million. These figures make it clear why the Man Utd home kit is one of the best-selling football strips in the world, and you can get yours here at Soccer Box while stocks last.
Undoubtedly the period from 1992 to 2013 was the most successful period in the history of Manchester United. With Sir Alex Ferguson at the helm and the ‘Class of 92’ on the pitch the club secured title after title and, dominated the world of football. The Red Devils may have slipped in recent seasons, but their supporter figures remain strong, sales of Manchester United kits are consistent, and the feeling that the club can return to the pinnacle of their success is always there.
Manufacturers of the Man Utd Kit
The Manchester United football kit has been manufactured by some of the biggest names in suppliers of sportswear. The current kit is designed and produced by Adidas. Adidas and Manchester United agreed a 10-year deal that began in 2015 and is worth a reported minimum of £750m. Each season Adidas launch new Man Utd strip that includes shirt, shorts, socks, training gear and accessories.
Adidas may be the current manufacturer of the Manchester United kit, but below we list the other suppliers whose names have adorned the kit since 1945 when the club first entered into a kit manufacturing agreement.
- 1945-1975: Umbro
- 1975-1980: Admiral
- 1980-1992: Adidas
- 1992-2002: Umbro
- 2002-2015: Nike
- 2015-present: Adidas
Every season there are staged launches of the new football kits. The first new Man Utd kit usually appears during May, with the others following over the summer. In recent seasons there has been no set pattern to the order in which the kits are launched, but you can sign up to the Soccer Box newsletter and receive news on the latest Man Utd football kit releases straight to your inbox – sign up here.
Big Names to Have Worn the Manchester United Soccer Kit
Such a large football club as Manchester United has had a huge number of big-name footballers on their books over the years. The often referred to ‘Class of 92’ refers to six footballers who began their days wearing the Man Utd football kit as part of the clubs youth programme, and then progressed to the first team playing exceptional football and leading the way for Man Utd to win a record-breaking number of trophies during the 1990’s. These six were David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Paul Scholes. You can find out more about this era and what these six footballers have done together since retirement in this exclusive blog post.
Below we are going to list some of our favourite Manchester United football players over the years, and their contribution to the squad. Why not look us up on social media and share some of your memories with us of your top players, we love to hear from other passionate football supporters.
- Bobby Charlton (1956-73) – Charlton wore the Man Utd kit during the clubs second most successful period ever. He helped the squad win 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup and a European Cup. Making 758 appearances and scoring 249 goals for the Red Devils, the attacking midfielder was also part of the England 1966 World Cup winning squad.
- Ryan Giggs (1991-2014) – Giggs famously wore the number 11 Manchester United strip, he currently holds the record for most appearances with a phenomenal 963. Giggs a midfielder is loyalty personified, astoundingly he only ever played for Man Utd both in his youth and professional career.
- Peter Schmeichel (1991-99) – Regarded as one of the best goalkeepers to ever play football he made 398 appearances and even scored 1 goal for the Red Devils. The Man Utd goalkeeper shirt with ‘Schmeichel 1’ was a popular purchase throughout the 1990’s. You can also shop the current Manchester United goalkeeper kit collection with us.
- Eric Cantona (1992-97) – Cantona is affectionately remembered as always putting his own twist on the Man Utd strip by wearing the collar of his number 7 jersey upturned. A physically strong and skilled forward, he won 4 Premier League titles and 2 FA Cup’s with the Red Devils.
- Wayne Rooney (2004-17) – Rooney has left his mark at Man Utd by being the clubs highest goal scorer to date, hitting the net an impressive 253 times.
Shopping for your Manchester United Strip
Whether it is the home or away kit, training gear or accessories you can shop for all the official Adidas Man Utd kit here at Soccer Box. If you’re unsure which jersey to purchase head over to our Manchester United shirts page where you can compare all the latest styles that are available. We are supplied directly by Adidas and only stock genuine team kit, but hurry the popularity of Manchester United outweighs demand, so avoid disappointment and click add to cart today.